The Geneseo Virtual Computer Lab is a group of virtual machines that reside on a server. Whether you are using a PC or Mac with our virtual lab, you can gain access to a Windows based computer with many of the software packages that are licensed to CIT installed on it. The Virtual Lab is intended primarily for student use. Other members of the campus community may make use of this solution but it may be limited to student centered access.
Steps to Login and Use the Virtual Lab
Using a web browser, type in the address bar (or click this link): https://geneseo.apporto.com/
- Click the blue Log in button, then enter your Geneseo email address and password to continue
After you login, click on the Launch button under the app you want to access and it will bring log you into a computer and start the app you requested
To logoff, right-click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner, click on Shut down or sign out and then click on Sign out.
Close the web browser window.
While your files are temporally saved between sessions, we recommend uploading your files to external storage such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive to prevent loss.
The following applications are available for use in the Geneseo Virtual Lab
- ArcGIS Desktop
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Spartan Student
- TI-Nspire CX CAS Student Software
Logging into MS Office
- Once you have opened an Office 365 Application in the Virtual Lab, you may need to sign in
- Click on the Sign in button
- Type in your Geneseo email address, then click Next
- Enter your Geneseo email address and password in the Windows Security box, then click Ok
- Click Yes in the Script Error window
- Enter your password again, then click Sign in
- Apporto's End User Guide provides instructions on how to use the Virtual Lab
|Owner (area)||Support Services|