Geneseo's learning outcomes and assessment methods in this area meet SUNY's standards for strengthened campus-based assessment
Geneseo Learning Outcomes for Basic Communication
- read significant texts carefully and critically, recognizing and responding to argumenative positions;
- write sustained, coherent, and persuasive arguments on significant issues that arise from the content at hand;
- write clearly, following conventions of Standard English.
10. BASIC COMMUNICATION
- produce coherent texts within common college-level written forms;
- demonstrate the ability to revise and improve such texts;
- research a topic, develop an argument, and organize supporting details;
- develop proficiency in oral discourse; and
- evaluate an oral presentation according to established criteria.
Assessment Results for Basic Communication