Self Help - Encrypted Wireless Network (Chrome OS)
Using the Geneseo secure wireless network has many advantages. All of your network traffic is encrypted and therefore protected from easily being captured by those around you. You also will not have to authenticate every time you use the wireless network. These directions will help you setup your Chrome OS Device to access Geneseo's secure wireless network. These settings have not been tested with all Chrome OS models or versions of operating system's. Please contact the CIT HelpDesk at 585-245-5588 if you have any questions.
Configuring secure wireless network on Chrome OS
If this is your first time connecting to network:
- On Desktop, connect to SUNY Geneseo (bottom right icon) -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-fi settings and select SUNY Geneseo
- Now select and input the following settings:
- EAP method -> PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication -> MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate -> Do not change
- User Certificate -> Do not change
- Identity -> Place your username here (without @geneseo.edu)
- Password -> your Geneseo password
- Anonymous identity -> (leave blank)
If unable to connect:
- On Desktop, enter Settings (bottom right icon) -> WI-FI Network -> Preferred Networks -> Click on network to forget previous settings -> Repeat the steps above
For questions about connecting to the encrypted wireless network or other computer related problems, contact the CIT HelpDesk. Bring your computer to Milne Library, send email to email@example.com or call 585-245-5588.