These directions will help you setup your Android Device to access Geneseo's secure wireless network.
Android Devices need to install the geteduroam application from the Google Play Store or go to this page in a browser. This will import an encryption certificate and pre-configure most options for your connection to the eduroam network.
These settings have not been tested with all Android models or versions of operating system.
Legacy Steps - For older Android devices only
- On the home screen, go to settings → Wireless & Networks → Wi-fi settings and select eduroam.
- Now select and input the following settings:
- EAP method → PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication → MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate → (leave blank) on newer android devices, this needs to be: "Do Not Validate"
- User Certificate → (leave blank)
- Identity → Put your username here. Your username is your entire email address, ie. email@example.com.
- Anonymous identity → (leave blank)
- Password → your Geneseo password
Still Need Help?
Ask CIT! Call, chat, or submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you.