This is the SUNY Geneseo procedures for department cellular phones. This procedure applies to all departments that have been determined to need a cellular phone for business purposes.
- Complete the Department Cellular Phone Request Form, secure appropriate approvals, and submit materials to the Associate Vice President for Administration and Finance for processing.
- Associate Vice President for Administration and Finance will notify CIT of the approvals and ability to move forward with requesting service and equipment.
- Cellular service plans will be selected to meet department usage needs and are not to be used for non-business related calls. Abuse of departmental phones could led to disciplinary action.
- Departments are required to maintain detailed call records and sign-out.
- IRS rules dictate that phones are to be signed out on a rotating basis and for limited periods of time.
- Employees should not store contact information on the phone, nor should the phone number be given out as a contact means for a specific individual.
- Phones are to be secured within the department when not in use.
- All equipment, monthly service, and extraneous charges will be applied to the monthly departmental telephone bill.
CIO & Director, Computing & Information Technology firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Services Manager, Computing & Information Technology email@example.com