MathCad is computer software that was designed for validation, verification, and documentation of engineering calculations. This document refers to the installation process for Faculty & Staff on a Windows machine.
Before you Start
Mathcad is only available for installation on Windows computers and requires a connection to the campus licensing manager when in use.
To locate the MathCad installer, click Start, and then Run... and type the following:
- Press Enter.
- Navigate to the Mathcad Folder you want to install, and double click Setup.exe
- If prompted about other software that needs to be installed, Click "Install English Versions"
- Click Install Mathcad <Your Version Number>.
- Click Next on the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Mathcad" window.
- Read the license agreement and click I accept the terms in the license agreement and then Next.
- You will most likely get an error and need to download MSXML 4.0. Click the link at the top of the error window.
- On the resulting webpage, click "Download" next to "msxml.msi" and choose "Run".
- Click through the MSXML installer, and close the internet browser window. Click OK on the error window.
- Select "Use existing FLEXnet license server" and click Next.
- Choose Typical installation, and click Next
- On the FLEXnet window, click "Add," and type "mathcadlic.geneseo.edu" for the Hostname and "7788" for the Port.
- Click next. The program will be installed.
- In the "Congratulations" window select OK.
Mathcad will not work off campus without setting up a VPN. Instructions for setting up a VPN can be found here: https://wiki.geneseo.edu/display/cit/Virtual+Private+Networking+VPN
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.