These directions will help you setup access to Geneseo's encrypted 802.1x wireless networks on Windows 10 computers.
- Click on the Wireless icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You should now be presented with a list of available wireless networks. Select the eduroam network.
- Now click on the Connect button. You may also want to select Connect automatically to remember this network for the future.
- Click or tap Connect to access the network. Enter your Geneseo email address and Password when prompted. ie. firstname.lastname@example.org and then your password.
- Select Connect and your computer will now connect to the Geneseo network.
If you are having difficulties it may be helpful to remove the wireless profile, clear all settings related to eduroam and start over. The easiest way to do this is the following
- Press "Windows key + r" to open a run dialog box
- Type "cmd" and press enter.
Paste in the following command:
netsh wlan delete profile name="eduroam"
- Now the profile has been deleted and you can start over
Still Need Help?
Ask CIT! Call, chat, or submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you.