When creating a new project in JIRA, you will need to edit the existing workflow to include the ability to log a production change.
Here is how you edit your workflow to include the Log Production Change transition:
- Click the JIRA administration menu (gear icon in upper-right corner of page)
- Choose Issues
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left sidebar
- Scroll down to the default workflow for the project (typically Software Simplified Workflow for ...)
- Click Copy to create a new workflow based on the original
- Name the new workflow
- <PROJECT PREFIX>: Basic Workflow with Production Change
- Add a transition to called Log Production Change from In Progress to In Progress
- Click on the Log Production Change transition
- Click Post Functions
- Click Add Post Function
- Choose Create Subtask
- Set the following parameters:
- Subtask Condition = Create if original issue is a subtask.
- Summary = Production Change: %original_summary%
- Assignee = jackson
- Leave all others as their default
- Save the function
- Click Publish Draft
- go through the migration process
- there shouldn't be any existing Log Production Change issues, so you can just accept the default
- Click Workflow Schemes from the sidebar
- Choose Edit on the projects scheme
- Change the existing workflow
- Choose Add Workflow
- Choose the <PROJECT PREFIX>: Basic Workflow with Production Change workflow
- Assign All Unassigned Issue Types to this workflow
- Add a second workflow for Log Production Change
- Choose Add Workflow again
- Choose Log Production Change workflow
- Choose Log Production Change sub task for this workflow
- You should now be able to log production changes with your project!
Update JIRA Workflow to Log Production Changes (IS) — When creating a new project in JIRA, you will need to edit the existing workflow to include the ability to log a production change.
Requesting CIT Help: JIRA Service Desk — Explains what JIRA Service Desk is and provides overview of the interface
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.