- While ON CAMPUS and connected to a WIRED network connection (ethernet cable plugged into your computer). You can use wireless - EDUROAM - if you do not have a wired connection or cannot plug an ethernet cable into your computer (newer Macs).
- Use your computer's operating system to change your password
- If you are UNABLE TO BE ON CAMPUS to change your password, make sure to have your VPN connection started on your computer so that it's communicating with our network server during the process.
- If you don't have VPN installed on your computer, follow these instructions: Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
- Once the VPN is connected, use your computer's operating system to change your password
- Once your password is changed, test systems like email, printing and wireless to ensure you can connect with your new password
This guide is intended for SUNY Geneseo owned Domain Bound Macs only. Students and users who do not have a domain bound Mac or Windows PC are advised to change their password via https://myworkaccount.microsoft.com/ and select Change Password from the tiles.
If you are off-campus, you must have an active VPN connection to use this method. Please see our Windows VPN Self-Help guide to setup and connect to the VPN: Windows Client Configuration.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on your keyboard and select "Change a password"
- On the 'Change a password' dialog, fill out the fields then press Enter key on your keyboard or the → button
- If completed successfully you will receive a message that your password was changed successfully
- Optionally: restart your computer