- Drupal Web Content Management System (CMS)
- Available to all departments, department sponsored organizations, and official student organizations.
- Available to all faculty and staff for personal web sites.
- Campus Wiki - http://wiki.geneseo.edu
- Available to all departments, organizations, faculty, staff, and students.
- Wiki Spaces can be requested for organizations and groups.
- Individuals can have their own personal wiki space.
- Google Sites are available to any organization or individual.
- Personal Apache sites will no longer be provided unless warranted by an exception that strongly supports the college's mission.
- Existing personal sites will be supported at this time. Our goal is to eliminate most of them by 2013. We strongly encourage people to transition their web pages to the new solutions as soon as practical.
- Sites that are granted an exception must have a compelling case to demonstrate the need based on college mission and inadequacy of alternative hosting solutions to support their purpose.
Personal Web Page Policies:
The campus will continue to support existing personal web page accounts, but we strongly encourage people to transition their web pages to the new solutions as soon as practical. New personal web page accounts will be added by exception and only when the warranted based on business needs.The following policies apply to personal web page accountssites. Those The people responsible for personal web page site accounts must abide by these policies and contact CIT when exceptions are required. In general, these policies are listed in "priority" order. Account owners should notify CIT for each specific policy exception that is required for their account: