- College websites are the responsibility of College Communications and maintained by the DCM.
- Department websites are those sites associated with departments, organizations and committees staffed by Geneseo employees. This includes official state sponsored divisions of the college as well as organizations such as Campus Auxiliary Services and the Geneseo Foundation. The given organization is responsible for the content of the website.
- Student Organization websites are available to student organizations that are officially recognized by the Geneseo Student Association. The given student organization is responsible for the content of the website.
- Individual Faculty/Staff websites are available to all SUNY Geneseo employees. The faculty or staff member is responsible for the content of the website.
- Individual Student websites are available to all currently enrolled SUNY Geneseo students using the following options:
- Personal Confluence wiki spaces and Google sites.
- All students have the ability to create and personalize their own wiki space or Google site. The student is responsible for the content of their site.
- Sponsored websites are sites hosted by the College in cooperation with organizations for which the College is represented. Sponsored websites help promote the College’s mission and web visibility. The sponsored organization is solely responsible for the content of such pages.
- Instructional websites are another potential category but, in most cases, are handled within mycourses canvas.geneseo.edu. In all other cases, instructional websites are either sponsored by a department and considered a department website or they exist within a faculty member's personal website.