As the Spring Summer 2023 semester approaches many SUNY faculty and staff are preparing to design and/or deliver their digital course materials in the new SUNY Brightspace Digital Learning Environment (DLE). The SUNY Center for Professional Development (CPD) is pleased to support SUNY faculty and staff by providing a variety of Brightspace training opportunities and asynchronous resources. These training workshops and resources are available for free to all SUNY campuses and are detailed below.
- SUNY DLE’s Asynchronous Brightspace modules are a convenient way to progress through the Brightspace training at your own pace. Progress in the recommended order, or pick and choose which topic(s) are most relevant to your purposes.
- There are optional knowledge checks at the end of each topic sections. Participants who successfully complete all assessments will earn a Brightspace Fundamentals Certificate and Badge from the SUNY CPD.
- After logging into Brightspace, you can find this SUNY-provided training in the MyCourses area underneath the global Announcements area.
- Targeted for larger audiences, these scaled Zoom webinars offer live demonstrations of the Brightspace learning environment and other training topics. There are opportunities to ask questions of Brightspace experts at each webinar.
- These webinars are open to all SUNY faculty and staff, regardless of cohort.