- Navigate to Software Center to select and install Oracle Java - 8u151 (Appworx)
From the Windows Search button or start menu, search for Configure Java and open it to view the Java Control Panel.
- When the Java Control Panel opens, select the Security tab, then click the button for Edit the Site List…
- When the Exception Site List window opens, click the Add button and type in "http://banapp1.geneseo.edu:5050/APWXPROD/"
- Then click Ok
- When you get the warning "Including an HTTP Location on the Exception Site List is considered a security risk", click Continue
- The tab should now look like this:
- Click Ok and close the Java Control Panel
You can now go to https://banner.geneseo.edu and click the Appworx button to download a Client.jnlp file to your desktop or a known location.
Navigate to the Client.jnlp file and double click on it
- You may receive the following warning, check the box for Do not ask again until the next update is available, then click Later
- Appworx will now being begin to download and install.
- You may receive an additional security warning, check the box for I accept the risk and want to run this application, then click Run
- You will eventually be presented with an Appworx login window
- Once you have logged into Appworx, you can go into the Java Control Panel again to create a desktop shortcut to it.
- Again open the Java Control Panel and in the General tab, click on the View… button from the Temporary Internet Files section.
- A Java Cache Viewer window will appear, and should have the APWXPROD listed under the Application column.
- Highlight this application and then click on the shortcut icon in this window’s toolbar. This will create a shortcut on your desktop that can be used to open the Appworx sign in window without needing to continually download the Client.jnlp file from https://banner.geneseo.edu/