- Geneseo-hosted WordPress sites can be found at WordPress hosted by SUNY Geneseo. This document refers to these sites. Unfortunately, we are not able to support WordPress sites hosted elsewhere.
- SUNY Geneseo faculty and staff may request a campus-hosted WordPress website, provided it falls within the guidelines for acceptable use at CIT Policies. Students may request a WordPress website if the intended use is for a recognized student organization. For more information, visit the WordPress Services Policy.
- To request a WordPress site or for assistance with an existing site, submit a JIRA ticket.
- All WordPress site owners must complete web accessibility training. Enroll for the accessibility training here.
Adding Additional geneseo.edu Users to your WP Site
- Ask the Geneseo user to log in to your WP site using the "Sign in with CAS" button at your site's login page. If your site is at https://wp.geneseo.edu/my-awesome-site, the user should log in to . They will receive a permission error, which is expected. This step is necessary to create the user authorization request. /wp-login.php
- In your WordPress site dashboard, select Users and then Add Existing.
- Enter the user's Geneseo email address and select the role you would like them to have.
- The user will receive an email with a link they must click to confirm their role in your site.
- External email accounts must be created by CIT. Please submit a JIRA ticket for assistance.