- Enter People from your course's left-hand menu
- In the top right click on
- If your course is concluded or past the term it was assigned to, people cannot be added. Please contact the Canvas support team for options.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to add in the box provided. You can also add by Login ID, which is also their email address, or you can add by SIS ID, which is their GID number.
Make sure you change the role from Student to the appropriate role you wish that person to have in your course. Roles and Permissions for SUNY Geneseo.pdf lists the permissions associated with each Canvas Role.
- Click the Next button to review the users you are adding to your course.
- If you're satisfied with the users you are adding, click the Add Users button. If you have made an error, click the Start Over button.
Adding External People
Recent changes to our authentication service has made it impossible for Teachers to add non-Geneseo addresses to their course.
Please submit a JIRA request and a Canvas admin can make the addition for you.
Please be advised that external users must access Canvas by logging into https://geneseo.instructure.com/login/canvas.