- Ask the Geneseo user to log into in to your WP site using the "Sign in with CAS" button at your site's login page and their Geneseo credentials. If your site is at https://wp.geneseo.edu/my-awesome-site, the user should log in to wp-admin with their CAS (Geneseo authentication) credentials/wp-login.php. They will receive a permission error, but that is expected so don't worry about itwhich is expected. This step is necessary to create the user authorization request.
- In your WordPress site dashboard, select Users and then Add Existing.
- Enter the user's Geneseo email address and select the role you would like them to have.
- The user will receive an email , with a link they must click on the enclosed link to confirm their role in your site.
- External email accounts must be created by CIT. Please submit a JIRA ticket for assistance ( https://jira.geneseo.edu/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/create/186 )