INTD 105 Writing Seminar
Welcome to the Web space for INTD 105, SUNY Geneseo's core writing seminar. This space is designed to help people teaching, or interested in teaching, INTD 105 find information that will help them do so. Although INTD 105 instructors are the main audience for this space, students, community members, and anyone else interested in the course are also welcome to explore and learn from it.
Broadly speaking, INTD 105 introduces first-year students to college-level persuasive writing and analytical reading. It does this in small seminar sections. Each section is organized around some subject that students read, discuss, and write about. Topics can be chosen at the discretion of the instructor, subject to approval by the INTD 105 coordinators for new topics. See the syllabus collection for some examples of topics, and the INTD 105 guidelines for general guidelines that apply to all sections. In addition to the guidelines, all sections of INTD 105 have the following general learning outcomes:
- The ability to read significant texts carefully and critically, recognizing and responding to argumentative positions.
- The ability to write and revise sustained, coherent and persuasive arguments on significant issues that arise from the content at hand.
- The ability to write clearly, following the conventions of Standard English.
- The ability to incorporate information gleaned through library research into written arguments.
- Consultant Report. We received the final version of our assessment consultant Mike Murphy's visit report on October 9, 2019. You can read the report here.
- Consultant Visit. Mike Murphy, our consultant for planning and assessing INTD 105's alignment with GLOBE, was on campus Tuesday, August 13.
- Planning and Assessment Funds. Geneseo's Strategic Planning Group has approved funding to support planning and assessment efforts to ensure that INTD 105 is aligned to GLOBE. Watch for details announced during summer and fall 2019.
- publisher's information sheet for a summary of the new features. available. See this
INTD 105 Resources
- Teaching Writing
- Planning and Delivering an INTD 105 Section
- Writing Resources at Geneseo
- Writing Faculty Workshops
- Library Support for INTD 105
- Examples of INTD 105 Syllabi
- History and Philosophy of INTD 105
INTD 105 Coordinator(s)