The Airtame adapter can be purchased directly from their website (Airtame Pricing) with your procurement card. An Ethernet adapter could also be purchased to improve network reliability. Contact CIT if you have questions about the availability of an ethernet connection near your TV or projector.
How to Use the Airtame for Wireless Projection
The Airtame must be configured by CIT before it can be used on campus. Please deliver your new Airtame to Laurie Fox, South Hall 225.
- Install the Airtame app (Download Airtame) on your device. CIT recommends restarting your computer after installation to ensure Airtame works properly with your device.
- Ensure that your device is connected to the eduroam wi-fi network or connected directly to an ethernet port.
- Launch the Airtame app on your device.
- Use the IP address shown on the Airtame splash screen to connect to the Airtame for the first time. Favorite () the Airtame to easily connect to it in the future.
- Click Start for the device you wish to stream to and input the 4 digit code that appears on your display.
- Initially, Airtame will only stream the picture from your device. To add audio, click the speaker icon in your Airtame app. This will also add a 1 second delay to maintain a stable connection between your device and the display.
- When you are done, return to the app and click Stop to finish the stream. The current user must stop their stream before another user can take over the display from their own device.
Limitations and Troubleshooting
Airtame devices are designed to support desktop mirroring, presentations, demonstrations and collaboration software. Airtame will not reasonably handle full-screen high quality video. It is still recommended that you use a direct wired connection to your display if you need to present high quality video.
Airtame devices are limited to a single user at a time. They currently do not allow for multiple devices to connect simultaneously.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.