This Self Help article explains the process of installing Munki For Students, as well as using the Managed Software Center application to install Geneseo software offerings.
Before You Start
- This offering is not meant for Geneseo faculty and staff with Apple computers. CIT pre-configures your Apple laptop or desktop with Munki (better known as Managed Software Center) before you receive it, so a professional version is already on your machine. For more, see Updating Your Mac with Managed Software Center.
Steps to install Munki For Students
- Click this link to download: MunkiForStudents.pkg
- You will need to enter your Geneseo username and password in order to access this download
- Once downloaded, double-click MunkiForStudents.pkg to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation
MunkiForStudents.pkg requires that your Apple computer be restarted after the installation completes. You will be prompted to save any work before the restart takes place.
Steps to use Munki For Students, a.k.a. Managed Software Center
- From your Applications folder, open Managed Software Center
- Once the application opens, click the Check for Updates button
- After the update check finishes, click the Software tab
- For any software you'd like to install, simply click the Install button
- Managed Software Center will download the software and install it automatically
- You can monitor the installation progress on the Updates tab
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.