This page provides information on how to access and use the Geneseo Virtual Lab.
The Geneseo Virtual Computer Lab is a group of virtual machines that reside on a server. Whether you are using a PC or Mac, with our virtual lab you can gain access to a Windows based computer with many of the software packages that are licensed to CIT installed on it. The Virtual Computer Lab is only accessible on our network or from offsite by using Geneseo's VPN.
Note: Virtual Lab machines operate like physical lab machines, in that your files are not saved at log off. Please save your data to your Files space (link on desktop), use DropBox, or email it to yourself.
Instructions for setting up VPN are available here: Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
How to connect to one of our virtual computers using a Mac:
- Using a web browser go to the VMware Horizon download page, click Go To Downloads next to VMware Horizon Client for Mac.
- Download and install the View Client for macOS. For the server, use virtuallab.geneseo.edu.
- Launch the View Client.
- Connect to virtuallab.geneseo.edu.
- A screen will appear that shows available desktops that you can connect to. Here you can select how you want the Virtual Lab to be displayed. You can select either: Full Screen, Multiple Monitors or in a Window. Select the display that you prefer and then click on the Virtual Lab.
- RDC should launch automatically and connect you to our Virtual Lab computer.
How to connect to one of our virtual computers using a PC:
- Using a web browser go to the VMware Horizon download page, click Go To Downloads next to VMware Horizon Client for Windows.
- Download the latest version of the View Client. Select the option that does NOT include "Local Mode." Be sure to select the correct bit level for your computer (32 or 64).
- Install the View Client from your download folder.
- Click Next on the Welcome Screen
- Click Next in the Patent Screen
- Accept the License Agreement, and click Next on the License Screen
- Click Next on the Custom Setup Screen
- Enter virtuallab.geneseo.edu in the Default View Connection Server box and click Next
- Click Next on the Enhanced Single Sign on Screen
- Click Next on the Configure Shortcuts Screen
- Click Install
- Click Finished when installation is complete
4. Launch the View Client from your Desktop or Start Menu, and Click Connect
5. Enter your geneseo username and password, and make sure the domain is set to Geneseo, then click Login
6. Select Virtual Lab, and click Connect. Note: You can also select how the VM is displayed on this screen. Choose fullscreen, windowed, etc from the drop down box.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.