This document explains the usage of computer labs and printers by student organizations using the organization's account. This document includes how to access printing balances and Google Apps. Security settings in all Geneseo computing labs prevent logging into lab computers with organization accounts directly.
Security settings in all Geneseo computing labs prevent logging into lab computers with organization accounts directly.
Organization Print Balance
A new feature open to student organization officers is the ability to allocate print balance from the club to any member without having to give out the account credentials.
- Organizations are allocated $5.00 each academic year for their basic printing needs.
- Organizations who are SA funded can also utilize the printers in the SA Office.
- To add additional printing funds, visit the CIT Main Office in South 119.
Anyone with access to the organization account can log into: https://printers.geneseo.edu/ and transfer funds from the organization to the account of the person doing the printing.
Google Apps for Education
Student Organizations accounts have access to Google Apps for Education for file storage, groups, and sites. You can use the full suite of apps available to promote your organization in the following ways:
- publish an events calendar with Google Calendar
- create a group for discussion and email lists with Google Groups @ Geneseo
- save your organization's important files in Google Drive @ Geneseo
- keep track of members' contact information with Google Personal Groups
- create a web page with Google Sites @ Geneseo
For more information, visit Google Workspace at Geneseo.
Related Self Help Guides