Staying Informed: CIT Information and News
For general information about CIT services and support, visit our webpage at http://cit.geneseo.edu
CIT posts real-time notices and updates regarding campus network and server service interruptions and planned outages here:
If you want to stay up-to-date on the current status of our network and/or servers, there are several ways to do this:
- You can bookmark https://citstatus.geneseo.edu in your browser and check it if you are experiencing any network or server issues.
- To receive email notifications from the CIT Status System, go to: https://citstatus.geneseo.edu, enter your email address in the field on the right and click on the 'Subscribe' button.
- Or, if you prefer, you can get text messages (instead of emails) by subscribing with your text email address instead of your regular email address (instructions on page).
- The CIT Status System also automatically sends status updates to our Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/citgeneseo
CIT on Social Media
CIT NewsBytes is hosted through the Confluence wiki and is designed to work like popular blogs such as Slashdot, Boingboing, and Engadget. NewsBytes displays short previews of the most recent articles with links to the full articles. NewsBytes articles include keywords and are easy to find. The NewsBytes home page lists 50 of the most common keywords, but you can click on "View all Keywords" to view all of the keywords for all CIT articles. NewsBytes is interactive and gives readers the ability to make comments on each article.
There are several different ways to follow NewsBytes depending on your preference. You can subscribe to the RSS feed, set it as a Confluence favorite, or watch the page through Confluence.
- To subscribe to the RSS feed, simply click here.
Your browser will prompt you to choose which RSS reader you would like to subscribe to the feed with. For those with Windows, Firefox's live bookmarks would be best, while people using macOS 10 may wish to follow the feed through the Apple Mail program. Thunderbird users can follow these directions to use RSS with their account.
- CIT NewsBytes site and hover your mouse on the "Tools" menu and select "Favourite". The Star icon will change to a yellow star to confirm your settings. When you log into Confluence and navigate to the Dashboard you'll see a section entitled "Favourite Pages". You'll find your new link to the CIT NewsBytes there. To set the page as a Confluence favorite, go to the
- CIT NewsBytes site and hover your mouse on the "Tools" menu and select "Watch". Future modifications to that page will be sent to you in an email alerting you to that change. You will know if you are following a page when the envelope is rendered in color and the menu item changes to "Stop Watching". To get updates to the page sent to you in email, go to the
If you have any questions about CIT services or something you read in CIT NewsBytes, contact the CIT HelpDesk. Stop by Milne Library, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-245-5588.