VPN will not work while connected to the "Geneseo Guest" wireless network.
Setting up Geneseo VPN on macOS X (10.6 through Current)
macOS X comes with a built in VPN client. This guide will assist you in setting it up to work with the Geneseo VPN.
How to setup the VPN Connection
- Click the apple in the menu bar, select "System Preferences" and then "Network"
- In the network preference pane click the "+" icon in the lower left hand corner.
- Select VPN for the interface.
- Select Cisco IPSec for the VPN type.
- Enter "Geneseo VPN" as the service name and click the "Create" button..
- Enter "asa.geneseo.edu" in the Server Address field and your Geneseo username in the "Account Name" field. Leave the password field blank.
- Click on the "Authentication Settings" button and enter "geneseo" as both the shared secret and the group name. Click the "OK" button.
- Check the "Show VPN status in menu bar" box and click the "Apply" button.
How to use the Geneseo network via VPN
- Select the VPN menu bar icon and click the "Connect Geneseo VPN" menu option.
- Enter your Geneseo account password and click the "OK" button.
- To disconnect from the network click the VPN menu bar icon and select "Disconnect Geneseo VPN"
- When you are done using the VPN connection please disconnect since a limited number of connections are available.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.