This document explains the process for printing refund requests. Students can request printing refunds within 24 hours of printer error using the process below.
Before You Start
Administrative Process for handling refund Requests
- All refund requests will be reviewed by CIT.
- Once the request is sent, a printing administrator within CIT is notified.
- The printing administrator will review the given information and approve or deny the request as needed.
- The refund will go into the requestor's printing allocation and not be refunded in cash.
Examples for when to request a refund:
- Paper jam
- Print quality issues
- Printer malfunction
Below are examples for when a refund will not be issued:
- Requests entered more than 24 hours past the print job submission
- Printed the same document multiple times
- Printed the wrong document
- Printed a slide per page when you intended to print multiple slides to a page
- Printed to color when you intended to print black and white
- Requests submitted with no reason
- Log in to the user web interface at http://printers.geneseo.edu/app using your Geneseo username and password.
- Click on the Recent Print Jobs link located on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the failed print job on the Recent Print Jobs page. Remember that refund requests must be submitted within 24 hours of the related incident.
- Click the Request Refund link.
Enter a reason for the submission.A reason for requesting a refund is required or the request will be denied.
- Click Send.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Sturges 120, or visiting our online service desk.