Self Help - Printing Refund Requests
Students can request printing refunds within 24 hours of printer error using the process below. Note that the refund will go into your printing allocation and not be refunded in cash.
Below are examples for when to request a refund:
- Paper jam
- Print quality issues
- Printer malfunction
Below are examples for when a refund will not be issued:
- Printed the same document multiple times
- Printed the wrong document
- Printed a slide per page when you intended to print multiple slides to a page
- Printed to color when you intended to print black and white
- Requests submitted with no reason
- Requests entered more than 24 hours past the print job submission
Here is how to place a printing refund request:
- Log in to the user web interface at http://printers.geneseo.edu/app using your Geneseo username and password.
- Click on the "Recent Print Jobs" link located on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the failed print job on the Recent Print Jobs page. Remember that you only have 24 hours to submit a refund request.
- Click the "Request Refund" link.
- Enter a reason. You must enter a reason for successful submission.
- Click Send.
- All refund requests will be reviewed by the administrator.
- Once the request is sent, a printing administrator is notified. They will review the given information and approve or deny the request as needed.
For questions about printing or other computer related problems, contact the CIT HelpDesk. Stop by Milne Library, send email to email@example.com or call 245-5588.