This policy applies to anyone who has a Geneseo user account. Includes but in not limited to:
- CAS Employees
To prevent unauthorized access to SUNY Geneseo computer systems, users must practice proper password management. This includes:
- Never share your Geneseo password with anyone.
- Never use the same password for more than one account.
- Never tell your password to anyone.
- Never write down your password.
- Never communicate your password by telephone, email, or messaging.
- All user accounts must enroll in and use Multifactor Authentication.
- Log off or lock the screen before leaving a computer unattended.
- Change your password if there is suspicion it has been compromised.
- Consider using a password manager to create and remember complex passwords.
- Your password must contain at least 10 characters.
- Your password must contain 3 out of the following character types:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character (e.g. !@#*&).
- Your password must not contain your name or username.
- Your password must not match any of your previous passwords.
CIO & Director, Computing & Information Technology firstname.lastname@example.org