Using the steps below, students can install Managed Software Center on their computers, which will allow them to then install any of the following software options with one click of a button:
- MATLAB R2018a
- Microsoft Office 2016
- PublicToshibas cloud print queue
- ResidenceHalls cloud print queue
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- Spartan Student V7
- VMware Horizon Client
Geneseo faculty and staff with Apple computers already have a professional version of Managed Software Center on their computers. This article and its instructions are intended for student use only.
Before You Start
- If you are attempting to install any software not listed above, such as ChemDraw Prime or Mathematica, please see Software at Geneseo for specific installation instructions. Those software suites are not available in Munki For Students, because they require manually entering individual license keys from the vendor.
- Download Munki For Students at this link: MunkiForStudents.pkg
- You will need to enter your Geneseo username and password for the download to begin
- Double-click MunkiForStudents.pkg after the download completes to begin installation
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and enter your computer account password to begin installation
- Your computer will need to restart in order for the package to properly install; you will be prompted to restart by the installer
- After restart, open your Applications folder, then double-click Managed Software Center
- Click the Check For Updates button
- Once the update check completes, you will see all Geneseo-provided software options available for installation
- For any software that you'd like, click the blue Install button to automatically download and install the software
Are you a graduating student, or leaving the University, and need Munki For Students removed from your computer?
Just install the package called Remove Munki For Students, and all traces of Managed Software Center will be removed from your computer. Any software you installed will remain on the machine, and will no longer function once your Geneseo email address has been deactivated. That software can be uninstalled, either from Managed Software Center before removal, or manually.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.