Minitab is a general purpose statistical software package designed for easy, interactive use. Minitab is well suited for instructional applications and is most popular as a teaching tool; however, it is also powerful enough to be used as a primary tool for analyzing research data.
Steps for Windows
- Download minitab220.127.116.11setup from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, navigate to your downloads folder and double click on minitab18.104.22.168setup
- Select a language and click OK
- Click “Next”, accept the license agreement, then click “Next” again
- Select "Multi-user license with a license server or file", then click "Next"
- In the License Server field type, license1.geneseo.edu
- Click Next
- Click Next
- Click “Install” to begin the installation. It should only take a few moments to complete. Click Finish once complete.
- Double-click the Minitab icon on your desktop to open the application
- You may be prompted to register the application, if so, enter your Email Address, First and Last Name, then click OK
- Minitab will only see the license server if you have a working campus internet connection. If off-campus, you must establish a VPN connection in order for Minitab to launch.
- There is no Minitab for Mac. Mac users should use the virtual lab or a campus lab computer.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.