Minitab is a general purpose statistical software package designed for easy, interactive use. Minitab is well suited for instructional applications and is most popular as a teaching tool; however, it is also powerful enough to be used as a primary tool for analyzing research data.
- Download the software from software.geneseo.edu
- Go to the download location and run "minitab188.8.131.52setup.exe"
- Select a language and click OK
- Click “Next” accept the license agreement, and click “Next” again
- Click “Install” to begin the installation. It should only take a few moments to complete. Click Finish once complete.
- Double-click the Minitab 17 icon on your desktop to open the application
- If you are prompted to enter a license server address, use license1.geneseo.edu
- Minitab will only see the license server if you have a working campus internet connection. If off-campus, you must establish a VPN connection in order for Minitab to launch.
- There is no Minitab for Mac. Mac users should use the virtual lab or a campus lab computer.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.