Matlab is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages such as C, C++, and Fortran. You can use Matlab in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
Steps for macOS
- Download the MATLAB_R2019a.dmg file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, open the .dmg and drag Matlab into your Applications folder.
- It will take a little while to copy, but once it is done, Matlab will be installed on your computer.
Steps for Windows
- Download the Matlab_R2019a file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, right click on the downloaded Matlab_R2019a file and select Extract All, then click Next, or use a zip program to extract the file
- When the file finishes extracting and the extracted folder opens, double-click “Setup”
- On the MathWorks Installer screen, click the radio button for Use a File Installation Key; Click Next
- Accept the license agreement; Click Next
- Click the top radio button, and enter the following key: 58787-42995-45802-55150-12476. Click “Next”
- Click “Next” to accept the default install path
- Make sure “License Manager” is NOT selected, the rest of the products should be checked, and click “Next”
- Click “Browse” and navigate back to the folder where you extracted Matlab_R2019a in Step 2 (the extracted Matlab_R2019a folder). Click on network.lic, then click “Select”, then click “Next”
- Click “Next” and then “Install” to complete the install process
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.