This software requires a Virtual Private Networking (VPN) to function
Matlab is a very large download and install. We recommend installing this software while connected to high-speed internet.
Steps for macOS
- Download the InstallMATLABR2020a.dmg file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, double-click the file to mount it
- Drag MATLAB_R2020a from the Finder window in to your Applications folder to copy the app to your computer
Steps for Windows
- Download the Matlab_R2020a.zip file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, navigate to your downloads folder and Right-click on the Matlab_R2020a file and select Extract All
- Make sure the box is checked for "Show extracted files when complete" then click Extract
- When the file finishes extracting and the extracted folder opens, double-click “Setup”.
- If you are prompted with "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" click Yes
- In the MathWorks Product Installer window, click the button that says "Advanced Options" then select I have a File Installation Key from the list
- Read the license terms then select the option for Yes then click Next
- Enter in the following File Installation Key: 00768-51831-23866-54513-58495-52954 then click “Next”.
- On the Select License File screen, click the Browse button
- In the window that opens, navigate to your downloads folder and into the Matlab_R2020a folder, select the file named network.lic then click Open
- Click Next
- Click “Next” to accept the default destination folder
- On the Select Products screen, ensure all the boxes are checked, then click Next
- On the Select options screen, click Next
- On the Confirm selections screen, click Begin Install
- On the Installation Complete screen, click Close
- Matlab R2020a is now installed
- Matlab will only be able to connect the license server if you have a working campus internet connection. If you are located off-campus, you must establish a VPN connection in order for Matlab to launch
- Matlab is not available on the Chromebook platform, if you need access from one of those devices please try using the Geneseo Virtual Computer Lab
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.