Matlab is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages such as C, C++, and Fortran. You can use Matlab in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
Steps for macOS
- Download the MATLAB_R2019a.dmg file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, open the .dmg and drag Matlab into your Applications folder.
- It will take a little while to copy, but once it is done, Matlab will be installed on your computer.
Steps for Windows
- Download the matlab_R2019a-New file from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, right click on the downloaded matlab_R2019a-New file and select Extract All, then click Next, or use a zip program to extract the file.
- When the file finishes extracting and the extracted folder opens, double-click “Setup”.
- On the MathWorks Installer screen, click the radio button for Use a File Installation Key; Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement; Click Next.
- Click the top radio button, and enter the following key: 52843-47501-38999-11364-33461-34673. Click “Next”.
- Click “Next” to accept the default install path.
- Make sure “License Manager” is NOT selected, the rest of the products should be checked, and click “Next”.
- Click “Browse” and navigate back to the folder where you extracted matlab_R2019a-New in Step 2 (the extracted matlab_R2019a-New folder). Click on network.lic, then click “Select”, then click “Next”.
- Click “Next” and then “Install” to complete the install process.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.