What is Knightweb?
Knightweb is the Banner Web Self-Service student information system which provides students and faculty with access to registration, courses, final grades, unofficial transcripts, financial aid, student bills, personal information, campus mailbox/combination, and more. Alumni can use the system to review their academic records and request official transcripts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Login - G# and Pin login redisplays login page
- Final Grades - can't view
- SOFIs - no courses listed
- Financial Aid Questions
I have a Financial Aid question.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at:
When I login using my G# and Pin, I just see the login screen again. Why can't I login?
- Knightweb has two login options: G#/PIN and Geneseo Network Username/Password
- If you login via the Username/password option and do not logout and then try to logging in later via the "Login using G#/PIN (Applicants, Alumni)" link, you may experience this problem.
- You can avoid this problem by using one of the options consistently. We recommend that students and staff login to KnightWeb through myGeneseo or by clicking the link shown below:
- If you want to continue using the G#/PIN login option you can correct the problem by logging in one time via Username/Password and then logging out. This should clear out the session "cookies" and correct the problem.
- Faculty: Account is created by Steve Almekinder in the Office of the Registrar
- Applicants/Students: Account is created by Admissions at time of admission to the college.
- Any student who takes courses at Geneseo retains their Knightweb account forever.
- Alumni and former students can contact the Office of the Registrar to get assistance.
- Generally staff do not receive accounts. Some groups (such as Residence Life Staff and Department Secretaries) will receive accounts so they can access dorm rosters or class lists. These accounts are created by Steve Almekinder in the Office of the Registrar.
I want to view my Final Grades, but the term dropdown doesn't show the current term.
- The "Term Code" dropdown for grades will only display a term when at least one of your courses has been graded.
- There is an overnight delay for grade display. Every night at 2:30am, CIT runs a process that finalizes the grades submitted by faculty during the previous day. After this runs, you'll be able to see any courses that have been graded in the past day.
The SOFI survey doesn't display any course for me to select.
- SOFIs are only available for completion on or before the last day of classes. (This helps ensure that final grades don't unduly influence the SOFI comments.)