How to enter final and midterm grades into KnightWeb
The Grade Entry application works best on larger displays. Some components may be off-screen on smaller displays.
- Login into https://knightweb.geneseo.edu
- Click on the "Faculty Services" -> "Final and Midterm Grade Entry" menu items.
- Select the "Final Grades" or "Midterm Grades" tab. Then select the course you'd like to grade.
- Select a student and enter a grade.
- Click the Save button to submit your grades. You can click this button as often as you like.
- Grades are Rolled to History (finalized) nightly at 2:30am.
- A rolled grade may only be changed via the Online Grade Change form found at KnightWeb -> Faculty Services -> Grade Change Menu -> Request Grade Change.
- Students will not be able to view a grade until it has been rolled.
Importing Grades via a Spreadsheet
- You may import grades via an Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet should have the following columns:
- Student G# (ex: G00493029)
- Course CRN (ex: 54143)
- Term Code (ex: 201709)
- Grade (ex: B-)
- To import grades, first select the course that you want to grade. Then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the grading application, and select "Import". Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
I clicked on the "Final Grades" tab, but the course roster doesn't appear.
- You need to click on the course in order to view the roster.
Grade Import is skipping some students.
- We've had reports of this occurring when there are extra spaces in the Grade column of the Excel spreadsheet. The import process is does not tolerate extra spaces. We've created an enhancement request with the vendor regarding this problem.
Who do I contact for help?
- The Office of the Registrar at 585-245-5566 can assist with course setup issues and general grading questions.
- The CIT Helpdesk at 585-245-5588 can help with technical or usability issues.
KnightWeb Grade Entry — How to enter final and midterm grades into KnightWeb
Emailing Advisees — The section below provides instructions for faculty members to email their advisees.
Set Expected Graduation Date — Students may update KnightWeb to indicate when they intend to graduate. This date is used to make sure that students receive communications and resources.
Unofficial Transcripts — Advisors and Department Secretaries may view student unofficial transcripts in KnightWeb.
KnightWeb Registration — How to register for courses using KnightWeb Registration.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.