This will tell you how to sync files from Teams or Sharepoint so you can easily access them on your computer using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder
Before You Start
- You must have the latest version of OneDrive installed and running on your computer. Look for this icon Ask CIT. in your Windows task bar or macOS menu. Most college owned computers come with this already installed. If you are unsure if you have this you can
- If you have a non-college owned computer, you can follow these install instructions for Windows or macOS.
- You should have the teams desktop client installed.
If you use multiple computers, you will need to repeat this process on every computer you use.
- Open Teams on your computer. The icon looks like this:
- Navigate to a channel in team whose files you want to sync to your computer and click the Files tab across the top.
- If you want the entire team's files synced click Documents before you click sync. If you want to sync individual channels you can skip clicking Documents.
- Click the Sync Button. number 3 in the above screenshot
- You should see this screen, you can dismiss it by clicking anywhere in the teams app.
After a minute or two you should see the new folder on your computer inWindows Explorer or macOS Finder under the folder SUNY Geneseo.
- You can now interact with these files just as you would files that used to be on the old \\files server.
If you want to sync the files in private channels you must sync each private channel individually.
Microsoft Help Windows: Sync SharePoint and Teams files with your computer
Microsoft Help macOS: Sync files with OneDrive on Mac OS X
Still Need Help?
Ask CIT! Call, chat, or submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you.