How to log into Skype for Business using your SUNY Geneseo username and password.
- Download Skype for Business for your device (https://products.office.com/en-us/skype-for-business/download-app?tab=tabs-3). Follow the installation directions and launch the app.
- Click sign in.
- Enter your SUNY Geneseo username.
- Type your Geneseo password in the box that says password.
- If you want your password to be saved and remembered, select Remember my password.
- Select the appropriate sign in option from the Sign in as: menu
- Available means that other users can see that you are online and request to chat.
- Busy shows other users that you are online but busy at the moment.
- Do not disturb shows users that you are busy and do not wish to be be contacted. This is helpful when presenting or when you know you will be in a conference call.
- Be right back tells users that you are away from the computer but will return soon.
- Off work indicates that you are not working at the moment.
- Appear away tells users that you are unavailable and away from the computer.
- Click the sign in button.
- Microsoft has created an instructional video on how to Sign in and out of Skype for Business.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.