Google Workspace @ Geneseo
Google Workspace is available to all Geneseo students, faculty, and staff. Google Workspace online services provide productivity and collaboration tools accessible from any web browser on any internet-enabled device (including mobile devices) from anywhere. Google Workspace provides all Geneseo account holders with a robust set of features within a cloud-based collaboration and storage platform.
Accounts use the standard @geneseo.edu address format, and passwords are linked with the Geneseo Password Utility that synchronizes passwords across multiple Geneseo systems.
- It's our content, not theirs. Our Google Workspace content belongs to SUNY Geneseo, or individual users at Geneseo. Not Google
- Google doesn't look at your content. Google employees will only access content that you store on the Geneseo Workspace when an administrator from the Geneseo domain grants them explicit permission to do so for troubleshooting.
- Google doesn't share your content. Google does not share personal information with advertisers or other 3rd parties without your consent.
- Google sometimes scans content. And for very good reasons, like spam filtering, anti-virus protection, or malware detection. Google's systems scan content to make Google Workspace work better for users, enabling unique functionality like powerful searching in Gmail and Google Docs. This is completely automated and involves no humans.
- For more information please see our Google Privacy & Security and the Google Apps for Education Privacy and Security Page.
Stay up to date on changes to Google Workspace with Google's Google Workspace Updates Blog or visit Google list of new Google Workspace features and enhancements.