G Suite @ Geneseo
G Suite for Education is available to all Geneseo students, faculty, and staff. G Suite online services provide productivity and collaboration tools accessible from any web browser on any internet-enabled device (including mobile devices) from anywhere. The G Suite provides all Geneseo account holders with a robust set of features within a cloud-based collaboration and storage platform.
Accounts use the standard @geneseo.edu address format, and passwords are linked with the Geneseo Password Utility that synchronizes passwords across multiple Geneseo systems.
- It's our content, not theirs. Our G Suite content belongs to SUNY Geneseo, or individual users at Geneseo. Not Google
- Google doesn't look at your content. Google employees will only access content that you store on the G Suite when an administrator from the Geneseo domain grants them explicit permission to do so for troubleshooting.
- Google doesn't share your content. Google does not share personal information with advertisers or other 3rd parties without your consent.
- Google sometimes scans content. And for very good reasons, like spam filtering, anti-virus protection, or malware detection. Google's systems scan content to make the G Suite work better for users, enabling unique functionality like powerful searching in Gmail and Google Docs. This is completely automated and involves no humans.
- For more information please see the Google Apps for Education Privacy and Security Page.
Stay up to date on changes to G Suite with Google's G Suite Updates Blog or visit Google list of new G Suite features and enhancements.