This document explains the process of creating personal groups for Google Calendar.
Creating Personal Groups for Google Calendar
- Go to Contacts under the "more" menu (or the 9 dot app grid) in the upper right of the browser window.
- Click the button for "New Group"
- Name your group
- In the "Search Contacts" box at the top of the screen type in the username or name of the person you want to add to the group.
- It should return results of all the people matching your search. Under the State University College at Geneseo Directory heading in the center column click the person you want to add to the group.
- Click on the "Groups" button in the right hand column and select the group you would like to add the person to.
- Once your group is created you can easily schedule a meeting with all the people in that group by typing the group name into the Guests box in "Create Event" in Calendar.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.