Geneseo uses G Suite for Education as our officially supported calendar platform for the entire campus which includes faculty, staff, and students.
- Google Help - Getting Started Guide.
- Google Help - Google Calendar Tips for Administrative Assistants a comprehensive guide for any user
- Video - Google Calendar Tutorial
- Self Help - Creating Personal Groups
Students, if you're actively using Google Calendar, there's probably a good chance you'd like it to include your class schedule. Instead of creating this by hand, you can now use the new calendar export capability of MyGeneseo.
Self Help - Import your Class Schedule into Google Calendar
By default your calendar is setup so that anyone at Geneseo can see when you are free/busy. If you want to give specific users more rights to your calendar you are able to do that. You cannot prevent people from inviting you to meetings.
Google Help - Sharing Your Calendar.
Google allows you to create multiple calendars and to share those calendars to different people or make them public. This is a great feature and will allow you or your department to create a shared calendar that you can publish to a small group, to the campus community, or the public.
Self Help - Creating a Shared Events Calendar
If your calendar is public, you can also embed your Google Calendar on a Drupal page. Here is an example: http://www.geneseo.edu/gagg/gagg-calendar
Self Help - Embedding a Google Calendar on a Drupal Page
There are multiple ways to access your Google Calendar from a mobile device.
- To manage which calendars show up on a mobile device you need follow this link on your mobile device.
- View this page for further instructions on adding Google Calendar to you iPhone.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.