Google Apps @ Geneseo
Google Apps for Education is available to all Geneseo students, faculty, and staff. Google Apps online services provide productivity and collaboration tools accessible from any web browser on any internet-enabled device (including mobile devices) from anywhere. Google Apps provides all Geneseo account holders with a robust set of features within a cloud-based collaboration and storage platform.
Accounts use the standard @geneseo.edu address format, and passwords are linked with the Geneseo Password Utility that synchronizes passwords across multiple Geneseo systems.
- It's our content, not theirs. Our Apps content belongs to SUNY Geneseo, or individual users at Geneseo. Not Google
- Google doesn't look at your content. Google employees will only access content that you store on Apps when an administrator from the Geneseo domain grants them explicit permission to do so for troubleshooting.
- Google doesn't share your content. Google does not share personal information with advertisers or other 3rd parties without your consent.
- Google sometimes scans content. And for very good reasons, like spam filtering, anti-virus protection, or malware detection. Google's systems scan content to make Apps work better for users, enabling unique functionality like powerful searching in Gmail and Google Docs. This is completely automated and involves no humans.
- For more information please see the Google Apps for Education Privacy and Security Page.