How to create Google forms and surveys.
Before You start
- When you create a survey using Google Forms, you can send it to anyone with an email address, embed it on a web page, or link the survey URL. Google Sheets will also analyze the survey results in real time using the main features in Sheets that are similar to Microsoft Excel or you can export the results to analyze them with other software.
- Google provides excellent introductions on how Google Forms work and the possibilities they provide.
- If you are creating a survey to conduct research, please remember to follow all IRB guidelines. More information about IRB can be found at http://www.geneseo.edu/~irb/.
- Go to drive.google.com
- Log into your account, if necessary.
- To Create a survey, click the New button in the upper left.
- Hover over the More option.
- Click Google Forms
For Advanced information on Google Forms, reference the following Google Documents:
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.