Before You Start
Bridge utilization is charged per user and by the minute that a bridge is open to the department that owns the access code used when connecting to the bridge.
- 5¢ per minute per domestic US user
- 51¢ per minute per Canadian user
- $2.05 per minute per international user
Many departments at Geneseo have conference bridge access codes. Access codes are 7 digits in length. All bridges have a chairperson code. Chairperson codes are 4 digits in length.
Please reach out to the networking team if you need an access code or chairperson code. Do not change your chairperson code at any time. Please speak with the networking team if you think this may be necessary.
- The call initiator will be the conference chair.
The chair will notify all invitees of the date,time, subject matter and access information for the conference call via
- If the call includes other members that do not have access to the call-in number, the chair must use the “dial out” feature and call them into the conference bridge.
- The chair will initiate the call: 1-800-501-8979, enter the access code: your access code, then enter the chair passcode: your chair passcode.
- Each invitee will join the call by dialing 1-800-501-8979, entering access code your access code and announcing their presence.
- The chair will conduct the phone meeting according to pre-established rules of order.
Chair Conference Controls
*1 Dial out to a participant (then follow prompts—see below)
- dial *1 to join the first participant
- when prompted, enter the participant's phone number, then “#”, if correct then “#” then “#” (slowly three times in a row)
- dial *1 to return to the call if no other participants will join or dial *2 if chair will join additional participants.
- Once the final participant has joined, dial *1 to return to the call
Additional chair features (service fees may apply):
*0 Ask for operator (can assist with problems or may help place call to outside US)
*4 Lock conference-prevents new participants from joining call
*5 Unlock conference- allows new participants to join if already locked
*6 Mute chair’s line only
*7 Unmute chair’s line only
*8 Conference continuation- if chair needs to hang up but wants other callers to remain in conference mode
** List available commands
*# Count participants
## Mutes all lines but chair (may use with large group of people for better audio quality)
99 Unmutes all lines
Participant conference controls:
*6 Mute your own line
*7 Unmute your own line
Global Use: Dial-in to Conference Bridge
Global dial-in phone numbers:
If dialing in from a landline, both toll free and toll numbers may be used.
If dialing from a cell phone, the toll free number may not work and therefore one would have to dial the toll number.
If no toll number is available for a specific country, dial a nearby country's toll number.
Accessing the Service via the Web
The conference bridge service can be reached via a web interface.
To start a web conference:
To join a web conference:
To view the archive of recorded conferences:
In all cases, you will authenticate with the web conference bridge service with the 10-digit conference bridge number, 8005018979 and an access code.
A chairperson access code is required to start a web conference and view archives.
This service requires installation of plug-ins and Java. You may need to install software before the first time you join or start a conference.
Detailed instructions for using the web conference services are here:
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.