Before You Start
Make sure you have your claim code and your username. It is a 12 digit code that looks like R4T7-UY8P-HF52
- Students receive an email with a username and claim code in their application email.
- Faculty & Staff should receive a claim code and username from their hiring department head, secretary, or supervisor. (Geneseo users can see a list of account managers that receive these notifications).
- Go to https://go.geneseo.edu/claim
- Click on the button titled: Claim An Account
- Enter your username and claim code.
- Read and agree to the Geneseo Acceptable Use Policy.
- Students only - Read and agree to the student code of conduct
- Set your password. Passwords should follow all the guidelines shown. If you receive an error, try using a less common word in your password and verify it meets all requirements.
- Your account is now active and can be used to access Geneseo services. Be sure that you setup methods for Self Service Password Reset. Faculty & Staff are also required to setup Multi-factor Authentication methods.
If you see any of the below errors, follow the guidance shown.
We could not verify your session. Please try again.
Try submitting the current screen again.
The username and/or claim code provided is invalid.
Verify that both the username and code you are submitting are correct.
This account has already been claimed.
Verify you are entering the correct information, check that none of the people with access to your application email have claimed the account already. If they have not, please contact the HelpDesk.
The claim code for this account has expired. Click here to generate a new claim code.
Click the link to have a new code generated. Students will receive the code at their application email. For faculty & staff, a new claim code will be sent to the account managers for their department and their supervisor.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.