New Geneseo accounts have initial passwords that are expired - that is, our users must select a new password the first time they log into our services.
How do I change my password?
I have only my personal computer
The easiest way for STUDENTS to change their Geneseo password is to click the link above or login to https://myworkaccount.microsoft.com/ and select Change Password from the tiles.
I have a computer given to me by the college
FACULTY and STAFF with domain-bound Windows and macOS computers should follow the instructions in the link above to change their Geneseo password.
If the above options won't work because you forgot your password
New Students, who do not know their password
- Contact the CIT HelpDesk at (585) 245-5588 or submit a request.
Existing account holders
- Go to https://aka.ms/sspr
- Make sure to enter in your full Geneseo email address
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the password reset process
- For additional details and a walkthrough, visit Reset / Recover a Forgotten Password
Selecting a new Password
- Your new password must contain at least 10 characters
- Your new password must not contain your username
- Your new password must not contain any parts of your full name
- Your new password must not contain 'Geneseo' or 'Knights'
- Your new password must not match any of your previous 25 passwords
- Your new password must not match any weak or compromised passwords identified by Microsoft
- Your new password must contain at least 8 characters
- Your password must be complex, which means 3 of the following:
- At least one uppercase character
- At least one lowercase character
- At least one number
- At least one punctuation character, like
! @ # $ % ^
Updating Saved Passwords
- Canvas Student App
- Geneseo Mobile App
- Email client (Mail, Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook)
- Network printers installed on macOS
- macOS Keychain (See below)
- Smart Phone (Apple, Android, etc.)
- Tablets (iPad, etc.)
- Web browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Wireless network connection
- VPN connection
Special Instructions for Updating your macOS Keychain
Follow these instructions to ensure that your Mac will continue to access Geneseo's wireless network (eduroam).
- Navigate to the Applications → Utilities folder and open "Keychain Access"
- In the left-hand navigation pane, select 'All Items' under 'Category'.
- Find the entry for "eduroam" (it's the wireless network you should be connecting to) and delete the entry.
- Now turn your wireless connection off and on again. It should now ask for an updated password.
- Enter your new Geneseo password and you should now have access to the wireless network again.
Still Need Help?
Ask CIT! Call, chat, or submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you.