Before You Start
- Canvas is accessible as a link from myGeneseo or directly at canvas.geneseo.edu
- Chrome is the recommended browser for using Canvas
Steps for Getting Started as a Student in Canvas
- Set your Notification Preferences (video)
- Leave notifications "on" for Announcements and Conversation Messages to ensure you receive all notifications from your professors.
- Edit your Profile (video)
Canvas Mobile App: The Canvas by Instructure app is the mobile version of Canvas that helps you stay current with your courses anywhere you go. Download the Canvas by Instructure app on Android and iOS devices.
- Contact Geneseo Canvas Support with Questions - email firstname.lastname@example.org or click Help in Canvas
Course Enrollment Updates
Looking for your course after Drop / Adds? Enrollments in Canvas are updated every 2 hours.
Canvas Community Resources
Related Self Help Guides
Canvas Tips for Geneseo Students — This self help document is designed for Geneseo students new to Canvas.
Submitting a Turnitin Assignment — You can submit Turnitin assignments directly in Canvas. Turnitin measures assignment originality and indicates what percent of your assignment matches internet sources.
Installing & Using LockDown Browser and Monitor - Student Instructions — LockDown Browser can be installed on students' personally owned laptops for secure quizzes.
To explore Canvas Community Guides (created by Instructure), visit https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides