Table of Contents
click on each heading to expand
- Adding Open Learning Initiative (OLI) Content to your Canvas Course
- An Overview of Blackboard Collaborate's Interface
- Faculty Enlight Book Adoptions & Bookstore for Students
- Google Drive LTI Registration and Troubleshooting
- LTI (External Apps) Integration Notes
- MyLab & Mastering Coordinator courses and Canvas gradebook sync
- Pearson MyLab or Mastering
- Setting up a Blackboard Collaborate Session in Canvas
- TopHat Canvas Integration & Grades Sync
Search CIT Canvas Self Help
These guides are created for Geneseo faculty and staff for their use with Canvas. Some of the links will take you to the Canvas Instructor Guide, located in the Canvas Community. The Canvas Community is a rich collection of guides, resources, and opportunities to share ideas with other Canvas users.
Please use the "Provide Feedback" button on your right to offer suggestions or ideas for this collection.
For tips, tricks, and updates on learning technologies at Geneseo, visit Educational Technology Chat
For tips, tricks, and updates on learning technologies at Geneseo, visit our Educational Technology Chat. To explore Canvas Guides (created by Instructure), visit https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/canvas-guide
*Share this "Start of Semester" Canvas checklist with your learners!
**It's also available as a Canvas page you can import directly into your course from the Commons.
Course Quality Review Tools
To help campuses ensure that their online courses are learner centered and well designed, a team of Open SUNY staff and campus stakeholders has designed the OSCQR rubric, a customizable and flexible tool for online course quality review.
- Geneseo's Course Readiness Checklist
- The Open SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR)
- Geneseo Resources for OSCQR
- Canvas Community Course Evaluation Checklist
- Exemplar Courses from Open SUNY
- To view the courses, you will need an Open SUNY Bb account
- Click on Login in the upper right corner. You may be able to use the single SUNY sign on there, but if not, below the Login button there is a link to create a new account.
When developing your course, it's important to think about how to make your course accessible to all learners specifically those that may have a disability.
If you are interested in earning a certificate and badges for accessibility and Universal Design for Learning, register for the public self-paced course "Accessibility: Designing and Teaching Courses for All Learners" that was created by SUNY Buffalo State & SUNY Empire State through a SUNY IITG grant.
SUNY FACT2 Council formed a task group to promote the importance of accessible content. Please visit their website for additional resources.
Policies and Resources
- Data Management Policy (When courses are added and removed)
- Making Files Accessible (US Dept. of Health & Human Services Resource)
- Copyright for Teachers and Scholars (Library Resource)
- OpenSUNY Online Teaching Resource Videos