Call Handlers answer calls and greet callers with recorded prompts that provide information and options (e.g. Press 1 for Jane Doe and Press 2 for Charles Smith). Call Handlers are not voicemail boxes and will not accept messages.
If you have been assigned the authority to record and manage "Call Handlers" for your department or office, please follow the steps below:
- From your office phone dial the myVoicemail Call Handler access number of 5444. You will be prompted to enter your ID (which is your mailbox number) followed by the pound (#) key. Next, enter your PIN (your mailbox security code) followed by the pound (#) key.
- You will be prompted to enter the Call Handler extension you with to record or change a greeting for, followed by the pound (#) key. CIT will provide you with the Call Handler extension in advance.
- The system will announce "Callers hear the Standard Greeting". Press 2 to change the Standard Greeting. There are additional greeting options available for other types of greetings such as Alternate and Busy.
- You will now be in the "Standard Greeting" queue.
- Press 1 to listen to the current greeting.
- Press 2 to record a new greeting. Leave several seconds of silence before saving the greeting to allow callers time to press an option. Press thepound (#) key to save your new greeting.
- To exit the system, simply hang up.
For questions about voicemail or other telephone services, contact the CIT HelpDesk at 585-245-5588.