Create the Assignment
These instructions are for the faculty and/or assessment coordinator as they create an assignment that will be used by colleagues in their own Canvas course.
- Create the assignment or quiz. (How do I create an assignment?)
- Add the Geneseo outcome(s) to your assignment. (Using Geneseo Outcomes for Assessment)
Share the Assignment to the Canvas Commons
This portion of the guide describes how to share the assignment in the Canvas Commons for use by colleagues at Geneseo.
- Click on the assignment or quiz that you wish to share
- Click on the menu (3 dots) and select Share to Commons
- Update the Sharing and License information to share this resource with All of SUNY Geneseo (GEN)
- Add an image to the resource. Upload your own image or browse in Unsplash.
- Click Share.
- Provide your colleagues with the name of the assignment so they can easily find it in the Canvas Commons
Import the Assignment to your Course
This Canvas Guide has details on how to search the Canvas Commons: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Commons/How-do-I-use-Commons/ta-p/1795
- In Canvas, click on Commons
- In the search box, enter the name of the assignment
- Click on the blue Import/Download button and check the course you wish to add the assignment to
- Click Import into Course
- Follow the grading directions in Using Geneseo Outcomes for Assessment
Related Self Help Guides
Using Geneseo Outcomes for Assessment — This guide was created in collaboration with Melanie Blood, Interim Associate Provost for Assessment and Curriculum. For questions regarding the assessment process at Geneseo, please contact her office directly.
Assignments for Assessment at Geneseo — This guide describes how to create, share, and use assignments that have been created for assessment outcomes.
For tips, tricks, and updates on learning technologies at Geneseo, visit our Educational Technology Chat. To explore Canvas Guides (created by Instructure), visit https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/canvas-guide