This software is only available on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Steps for Windows
Requesting an ArcGIS Pro License
If you are taking a class from the Geography Department, your professor may have already granted you an ArcGIS Pro license. If so, proceed to the Installing ArcGIS Pro section.
- Submit a Software Request in the CIT Helpdesk portal
- Make sure to fill out all fields in the ticket to ensure a quick turn around
- In 24-48 hours you will be authorized for ArcGIS Pro, you will receive an email from email@example.com with an invitation link that expires in 14 days
- You will need to click this link to accept the invitation and activate your ArcGIS Online account
- While you wait for your request to be completed, proceed to the next section to install the software
Installing ArcGIS Pro
- Download ArcGISPro_26_175036.exe from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, navigate to your downloads folder and double click on ArcGISPro_26_175036
- You will be prompted to select a destination folder to extract the installation files, click next
- When that completes, make sure the box for "Launch the setup program" is checked then click close
- On the "Welcome to the ArcGIS Pro Setup program" window, click Next
- Accept the master agreement by choosing "I accept" and click next
- Select the option for Anyone who uses this computer (all users), and click Next
- On the Select Features screen, leave the default options and click Next
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click install
- If you are prompted with "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" click Yes
- Leave the box checked to "Run ArcGIS Pro now", then click "Finish".
Logging in to ArcGIS Pro
- When ArcGIS Pro launches for the first time, you will be prompted with an ArcGIS Sign In window
- In this window select "Your ArcGIS organization's URL"
- In the field type "geneseo", check the box for "Remember this URL", then click the blue Continue button
- Click the blue button for "SUNY Geneseo Federated Login (Microsoft)"
- In this window proceed to sign in with your Geneseo Email Address and Geneseo Password
- If successful you will be presented with the ArcGIS Pro landing page and you will see your name in the Upper Right hand corner
- ArcGIS Pro is now installed and ready for use
- ArcGIS Pro is not available on macOS or Chromebook platforms.
- VPN Access is not required to use this software, you will need an active internet connection
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.