This software is only available on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Steps for Windows
Requesting an ArcGIS Pro License
If you are taking a class from the Geography Department, your professor may have already granted you an ArcGIS Pro license. If so, proceed to the Installing ArcGIS Pro section.
- If you need a License, submit a Software Request in the CIT HelpDesk portal
- Make sure to fill out all fields in the ticket to ensure a quick turn around.
- In 24-48 hours you will be authorized for ArcGIS Pro. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with an invitation link that expires in 14 days.
- You will need to click that link to accept the invitation and activate your ArcGIS Online account.
- While you wait for your request to be completed, proceed to the next section to install the software.
Installing ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro 3.0 requires .NET Desktop Runtime version 6.0 x64 or higher. Users might need to download and install this framework before they can successfully install ArcGIS Pro 3.0
- Download ArcGISPro_30_182209.exe from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, navigate to your downloads folder and double click on ArcGISPro_30_182209
- You will be prompted to select a destination folder to extract the installation files, click next
- When that completes, make sure the box for "Launch the setup program" is checked then click close
- On the "Welcome to the ArcGIS Pro Setup program" window, click Next
- Accept the master agreement by choosing "I accept" and click next
- Select the option for Anyone who uses this computer (all users), and click Next
- On the Select Features screen, leave the default options and click Next
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click install
- If you are prompted with "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" click Yes
- Leave the box checked to "Run ArcGIS Pro now", then click "Finish"
Logging in to ArcGIS Pro
- When ArcGIS Pro launches for the first time, you will be prompted with an ArcGIS Sign In window
- In this window select "Your ArcGIS organization's URL"
- In the field type "geneseo", check the box for "Remember this URL", then click the blue Continue button
- Click the blue button for "SUNY Geneseo Federated Login (Microsoft)"
- In this window proceed to sign in with your Geneseo Email Address and Geneseo Password
- If successful you will be presented with the ArcGIS Pro landing page and you will see your name in the Upper Right hand corner
- ArcGIS Pro is now installed and ready for use
- ArcGIS Pro is not available on macOS or Chromebook platforms.
- VPN Access is not required to use ArcGIS Pro, but you will need an active internet connection.
- CIT Staff - visit this page for more information about this software.