ArcGIS Desktop is the suite of ESRI software used to analyze spatial data.
Steps for Windows
- Download ArcGIS_Desktop_1071_169506 from software.geneseo.edu
- Once the file finishes downloading, navigate to your downloads folder and double click on ArcGIS_Desktop_1071_169506
- Accept the master agreement by choosing "I accept" and click next
- Select the complete setup type, and click next
- Once the installation is ready to begin, click install
- The application has been installed. Press finish to move on.
- Pressing Finish should open a licensing window. Select the option Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent Use for the software product type for desktop applications.
- In the License Manager section, click the Change button and enter arcgislic.geneseo.edu then click OK.
- Press Apply and then OK. This will allow you to license the software.
- Launch an ArcGIS application, such as ArcMap. The software should run normally.
- ArcGIS Desktop will only see the license server if you have a working campus internet connection. If off-campus, you must establish a VPN connection in order for ArcGIS Desktop to launch.
- There is no macOS version of ArcGIS Desktop.
- If you are unable to modify the Software Product or License Manager sections, reopen ArcGIS Administrator program using the Run as Administrator option seen when right clicking on the program from the start menu.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.