The cost to license Adobe Creative Cloud is $161.25 per individual, per year. This provides the licensed individual the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite on as many computers as they wish (but only 2 concurrently) as long as they are using their campus account. Chargebacks are performed for the initial request and in October of each year.
Before You Start
Consider using these free alternatives
Adobe Photo Express - a free image editing and collage making application from Adobe, available on desktop and mobile operating systems
- Adobe Spark - a web and app based tools from Adobe that makes it easy to create social graphics, web pages, and short videos.
- Computer Labs - If it's only needed occasionally, Adobe Creative Suite can be found in many computer labs on campus.
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) - an alternative to Photoshop; GIMP is a cross-platform image editor.
- Inkscape - a professional vector graphics editor for Windows, mac OS X and Linux.
- Photos - Apple's powerful built-in photo organization tool that includes basic photo editing tools
- Preview - view and edit Portable Document Files (PDFs) and other popular image files including JPEG, TIFF, and PNG.
- Scribus - An alternative to InDesign, Scribus is a page layout program for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. (FREE)
Consider trying one of these paid alternatives
- Adobe Photoshop Elements - Adobe's version of Photoshop for less intensive photo editing.
- Pixelmator Applications - Alternative to Photoshop for macOS and iOS (iPad, iPhone). LinkedInLearning.com course Learning Pixelmator.
Info for Students
The process and pricing detailed on this page apply only to SUNY Geneseo Faculty and Staff. Students who require the Adobe Suite may obtain a discounted license from Adobe.
- Determine what account number will be used for the request.
- Determine who, from the requesting department, will need to approve this request.
- Create a Software Request Issue with our online Service Desk.
To use any of the Creative Cloud applications, you can only be signed into two computers at a time, so you can’t use CC on more than two computers at a time.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.