The cost to license Adobe Creative Cloud is $161.25 per individual, per year. This provides the licensed individual the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite on as many computers as they wish (but only 2 concurrently) as long as they are using their campus account. Chargebacks are performed for the initial request and in October of each year.
Before You Start
Info for Students
If you have less complex needs, consider using one of these free alternatives
Adobe Photo Express - a free image editing and collage making application from Adobe, available on desktop and mobile operating systems
- Adobe Spark - a web and app based toolset from Adobe that makes it easy to create social graphics, web pages, and short videos.
- Visit a Geneseo Public Computer Lab - If it's only needed occasionally, Adobe Creative Suite can be used in the public computer labs on campus
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) - an alternative to Photoshop; GIMP is a cross-platform image editor.
- Inkscape - a professional vector graphics editor for Windows, mac OS X and Linux.
- Photos - Apple's powerful built-in photo organization tool that includes basic photo editing tools
- Preview - view and edit Portable Document Files (PDFs) and other popular image files including JPEG, TIFF, and PNG.
- Scribus - An alternative to InDesign, Scribus is a page layout program for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. (FREE)
Consider trying one of these less expensive paid alternatives
- Adobe Photoshop Elements - Adobe's version of Photoshop for less intensive photo editing.
- Pixelmator Applications - Alternative to Photoshop for macOS and iOS (iPad, iPhone). LinkedInLearning.com course Learning Pixelmator.
If you determine one of the above options will not meet your needs, complete the following steps
- Determine what Geneseo account number will be used to purchase Adobe Creative Suite.
- Determine who, from the requesting department, will need to approve this request (usually your department chair).
- Create a Software Request Issue with our online Service Desk.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.