The cost to license Adobe Creative Cloud is $161.25 per individual, per year. This provides the licensed individual the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite on as many computers as they wish (but only 2 concurrently) as long as they are using their campus account. Chargebacks are performed for the initial request and in October of each year.
Before You Start
- Consider using these alternatives
- Adobe Photoshop Elements - Adobe's version of Photoshop for less intensive photo editing
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) - an alternative to Photoshop, GIMP is a cross-platform image editor. (FREE)
- Inkscape - a professional vector graphics editor for Windows, macOS X and Linux (FREE)
- Photos - Apple's powerful built-in photo organization tool that includes basic photo editing tools (FREE)
- Preview - view and edit Portable Document Files (PDFs) and other popular image files including JPEG, TIFF, and PNG. (FREE)
- Scribus - An alternative to InDesign, Scribus is a page layout program for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. (FREE)
- Pixelmator Applications - Alternative to Photoshop for macOS and iOS (iPad, iPhone). Lynda.com course Learning Pixelmator.
- If it is only going to be used occasionally, Adobe Creative Suite can be found in many computer labs on campus.
- If you're not certain if Adobe Creative Cloud is the right option for you, call the CIT HelpDesk at (585) 245-5588 and we can assist you in choosing the right option for your needs.
Info for Students
The process and pricing detailed on this page apply only to SUNY Geneseo Faculty and Staff. Students who require the Adobe Suite may obtain a discounted license from Adobe.
- Determine what account number will be used for the request.
- Determine who, from the requesting department, will need to approve this request.
- Create a Software Request Issue with our online Service Desk.
To use any of the Creative Cloud applications you can only be signed into two computers at a time, so you can’t use CC on more than two computers at a time.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, visiting us in Milne Library, or visiting our online service desk.