Geneseo Cloud Printing
To access Geneseo Cloud Printing, please refer to The Self Help guide for Mobility Print.
This document explains how to add a network printer to macOS computers. Physically locate the printer you wish to add. There is a label on each public network printer with the printer's name. You will need that name to install that specific printer on your computer.
Student step-by-step guide
In most cases, adding one of the Geneseo Cloud Printer queues will suffice for students. Instructions for installing these print queues can be found at the Self Help guide for Mobility Print.
Faculty/Staff step-by-step guide
macOS 10.9 and above (Geneseo-issued, Active Directory-bound computers)
- Click on System Preferences → Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the padlock icon in the lower left corner (if there is one and if it's locked) and type in your admin username and password to unlock it.
- Click the Add button (+) (You may have to click on "Add Printer or Scanner..." depending on your OS). You may also see and need to choose 'Add Other Printer or Scanner' if this is your first time adding a printer.
- Click on the 'Default' icon at the top (it should be selected by default).
- Find and click on the name of your printer in the list (the name on the label that CIT put on your printer - ie: Newton127a)
- It should put the specific driver name in the 'Use' field automatically.
- If not, click on the drop-down menu called 'Use', choose 'Select Software...', type in: Toshiba in the search field at the top (or if it's not a Toshiba printer, search in the list for your specific printer model).
- Click on TOSHIBA ColorMFP.
- Click on the 'OK' button.
- Click the 'Add' button.
Cloud printing queues
The instructions below are for installing specific print queues. To install Geneseo Cloud print queues - DepartmentToshibas or PublicToshibas, specifically - follow these quick instructions:
- Open CIT Self Service from your Applications folder.
- On the Printers tab, click the Install icon for any of the print queues you'd like to add.
- Go to any DepartmentToshibas or PublicToshibas-enabled device and release your job with your campus ID card.
macOS 10.9 and above (NON-Geneseo-issued, NON-Active Directory-bound computers)
- Click on System Preferences → Printers & Scanners
- Click on the '+' button to add a printer
- Click on 'Advanced' in the toolbar
- If you do not have the 'Advanced' gear icon in your toolbar, control-click (push the Control button on your keyboard and click with your mouse) on the toolbar, select 'Customize Toolbar...', and drag the 'Advanced' gear icon to the toolbar. Click on the 'Done' button to close the window.
- For Type, select 'Windows printer via spoolss'
- For Device: select 'Another Device'
- Enter the following in the URL field: smb://printers.w2k.geneseo.edu/<printername>, replacing <printername> with the queue name for the printer you want to install (e.g. South138). You do not need brackets around the printer name (e.g. smb://printers.w2k.geneseo.edu/South138).
- For the Printer Model, click on the drop down menu called 'Print Using' or 'Use', choose 'Select Printer Software...', select the printer manufacturer and specific model from the list, then click on 'OK'
- Note: If the driver is not listed (Toshiba printers), you will need to download the driver from the manufacturer's website. Install the driver, restart your computer, and then start over from Step 1.
- Click the 'Add' button
Duplexing saves paper and money!
We encourage you to use duplexing whenever it is available. It saves on paper usage and saves you money at the rate of 25% per page (e.g. two regular black and white pages cost 20 cents, while two pages printed duplex only costs 15 cents).
Duplexing setup instructions:
- From the document that you want to print go to: File → Print
- Next to Printer, select the printer that offers duplexing.
- Next to Copies, enter the number of copies you want and check the box next to 'Two-Sided'.
- Click 'Print'.
Students, be sure to check your printer account balance at: http://printers.geneseo.edu
Removing a printer from macOS
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- If the padlock is in the bottom left corner of the screen, click on it and enter an administrator's username and password.
- Click on the printer you want to remove so that it is highlighted.
- Click the '-' sign on the bottom of the panel to remove the printer.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.