These steps are not necessary for Banner 9. Banner 9 no longer requires Java on the client computer.
As of 5/22/2019 there are a half-dozen or so Banner 8 INB forms that haven't yet been converted to Banner 9. So some users are still using Banner 8.
Use the following procedure to add a site exception on the Security Tab in the Java Control Panel:
- Read the following java.com article for steps to add a security exception.
- Open the Java Control Panel
- Windows: Control panel → Programs → Java (32-bit) or Control panel → Java (32-bit)
- MacOS: System Preferences → Java
- Go to the Security Tab in the Java Control Panel
- Click Edit Site List...
- Click the Add button
- Add the following url as a site exception: https://banner.geneseo.edu
- Click OK.
For questions, contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling (585) 245-5588, or visiting our online service desk.